Meraki integration with Azure

BMESSMER
Conversationalist

Meraki integration with Azure

Hello All,

Currently, Meraki's MX does not have a feature for integration with Azure to run reports on user's internet usage and sites they visit by username. They only have it by IP, MAC, and Computer name. What are other organizations using that have an MX to achieve this function?

Thanks in advance. 

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I don't see how this would be possible.  I don't think Azure logs sufficient information to be able to cross-reference the data to be able to build such a report.  At least not with passive data collection.

You would have to use something that caused active authentication against Azure AD every time the Internet was accessed for the first time in the session to be able to tie a username against anything.  It would not be a good experience for users.

Thinking sideways, you could look at using something like Umbrella, with the agent installed on each machine.  This lets Umbrella look up the currently logged in user.

https://docs.umbrella.com/deployment-umbrella/docs/umbrella-reporting 

BMESSMER
Conversationalist

Thanks for the information. I could see this being an agent-based solution. I know we used to do something like this when we were using on Prem AD and Palo Alto at each of our locations. We had an AD integration with the Palo. We had an agent running on the on Prem AD server. We could then run reports on the Palo for user internet usage and sites they went to by username.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.