Licensing coterm versus per device

AugieV
Here to help

Licensing coterm versus per device

Has anybody gone to the per-device license model not sure if it is available yet? I would like to get away from coterm

4 REPLIES 4
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I have not, but I am pretty sure it is by special request like a closed beta at this time.

Have you seen this? https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Per-Device_Licensing_Overv...

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The new MR Advanced licences require per-device licencing, so it must be getting close to being more available.

I'm confused, I thought we were per-device then they moved everyone to coterm? It's been quite a few years, so I may be recalling incorrectly.
Roska
A model citizen

Seems that my license info is now offering PDL as an alternative to co-term. As far as I´m concerned some new offerings like the Advanced wireless lics (Umbrella features embedded to dashboard) require this licensing model but for most part co-term is my way to go here. Good thing that the converting process seems to be a guided tour so that people will not make any bad judgments.

Seems that PDL is the way to go if your org setup is on some type of parent org, sub org with each sub org. Thinking about franchise business where a chain of some sort of sexy branded business would offer network services with Meraki and individual business owners would join the "fiesta" as per own contractual terms.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.