Licences Term

SOLVED
Jero
New here

Licences Term

Hello,

My customer's licensing model is co-term.

He bought 3 years licences renewal. Expiration was 01/16/2021

At the end of the dashboard, there is the "licence history" with "Start date" is "12/03/20", "Claimed at" is "01/12/2021" and "License Term" is "4 years"

At the top of the dashboard License expiration is Jan 17, 2023. So 2 years

He bought 3 years and I see 2 years or 4 years. What is the good information? Need to convert per-device?

Thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

When licenses are purchased there is no difference between new/additional licenses and renewal licenses. What makes the difference is when the license key is added to the Dashboard. If it is a renewal then it needs to be added as a ‘renewal’ which resets the licenses to match what is in the license key. If the licenses are added as ‘additional’ or new device licenses then they will be added as if more devices are being added to the network - essentially doubling the number of licenses, and halving the length, hence why the new co-term date is only two years out (there was a promo for new licenses which gave and extra year for free, i.e. for 3 years they got a four year license, which when halved gives the two years).

If the licenses were only added recently you may be able to remove them from the license page and add them again as a renewal. If not then you will need to raise a support ticket and get the Meraki team involved.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Aaron_Wilson
A model citizen

A little confused. They already bought a 3 year renewal? Or you meant they were buying 3 year licenses from the start?

He bought licences 1 year in 2016 (at the end of the dashboard licence term was 1 year in the licence history), and in 2017 he bought renewal 3 years (at the end of the dashboard licence term was 3 years)

I don't know in 2016 and 2017 if licensing mode was co-term or per-device).

All his licence expiration was Jan-2021.

He bought renewal 3 years in Dec-2020. I don't know why but in the dashboard, in the licence history I can see the licences but are not in renewal but are in "add device" with licences term 4 years.

And at the top of the dashboard expiration is Jan-2023, So 2021 -> 2023 = 2 years.

Sorry for my english I am not an englishman.

I don't know if I can put screeshot ?

thanks

3 years renewal already bought  and is in history licence but not in renewal

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

When licenses are purchased there is no difference between new/additional licenses and renewal licenses. What makes the difference is when the license key is added to the Dashboard. If it is a renewal then it needs to be added as a ‘renewal’ which resets the licenses to match what is in the license key. If the licenses are added as ‘additional’ or new device licenses then they will be added as if more devices are being added to the network - essentially doubling the number of licenses, and halving the length, hence why the new co-term date is only two years out (there was a promo for new licenses which gave and extra year for free, i.e. for 3 years they got a four year license, which when halved gives the two years).

If the licenses were only added recently you may be able to remove them from the license page and add them again as a renewal. If not then you will need to raise a support ticket and get the Meraki team involved.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.