Issues with Dashboard while viewing certain pages

SOLVED
T-Infra4crates
Here to help

Issues with Dashboard while viewing certain pages

Dear all since yesterday I have trouble with viewing Meraki Dashboard pages. 

the Network page shows fine as well the Firewall and Switches but the Wireless (Access Points) page stays blank.

this happens in Edge Chromium, in Chrome I don't have this issue.

I tried reloading the page and removing all the cookies, but nothing seems to help.

Was there a change in the portal of Meraki lately?

Kind regards

Thijs van Yperen
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
EJN
A model citizen

Shift-F5 fixed it for me in Chrome.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

I don’t know if there was a change. A lot of people seem to be reporting the same thing across all browser types (I’ve had problems on Chrome and Safari). Solutions generally include Reload (Ctrl+R), opening in Incognito/Private mode, or clearing the cache.

Hope this helps.

bvdijk71
Conversationalist

I'm experiencing the same issues over the last couple of days. Different browsers, cleared cache, reload etc.

However, the issue is not continiously, but there is definitely something wrong with the dashboard.

With over 160 networks, I'm logged in into the dashboard on a daily basis, it is very annoying.

TaniaSanchez
Here to help

Hi,

I have noticed the same only in Microsoft Edge. It does not happen to me in Chrome. I will try to clear cache etc.

EJN
A model citizen

Same here. Unable to load in Chrome. It logs me in automatically and takes me to a blank page, so I'm unable to logout to refresh.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
Lonestarr
Here to help

I've been noticing the same thing for at least a couple weeks now.  Doesn't matter what browser I use.  For me it seems it's usually the Switches page that goes blank, though once or twice the entire dashboard went blank.  Refreshing the page doesn't help, but clearing the cache usually does.  Or just open a different browser.  I have about 200 networks to monitor so I'm in the dashboard all day every day, and it gets quite annoying.  I'm hoping they are noticing and working on fixing it.

I've just entered a case, thanks to this Forum I know I was not the only one. I'll keep you posted about the responses from Meraki.

Thijs van Yperen
spms1
Conversationalist

I'm experiencing the same issue. Another user mentioned doing a shift-reload fixed it for them, and that seems to be working for me.

The response from Meraki on my case.

Greetings

There are a number of problems that can manifest from cached browser data stored on your computer. A cache is temporary storage that your web browser uses to keep local copies of pages, the browser uses what is stored in the cache instead of loading the entire website again.
Over time the cache stores numerous files in your computer; when you clear out the cache, the most up-to date version of the websites you access regularly will load and display.
We generally recommend you use Google Chrome.

with kind regards

Thijs van Yperen

Good non-answer from Meraki 😕

I've been using the dashboard for months and this only started recently.  There's no way it's all from cache data, especially when we are clearing our cache and it happens again not long after.  And they recommend using Chrome, that's what I'm using and having issues with - and I'm generally only having issues with the Switches page.

Oddly enough, shift+F5 works for me as well.  I just don't see how this became an issue only recently when I've been using the dashboard for months without a problem.

EJN
A model citizen

Shift-F5 fixed it for me in Chrome.

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education

Thanks, 

Shift-F5 fixed it for me as well, but then for Edge Chromium.

I'll wait a little bit, just to see if this a permanent solution or when I restart my browser tomorrow I have the same issue again.

Thijs van Yperen

I am having the same problem opening some pages in Dashboard. 

Shift-F5 worked for me in Chrome. Thanks!

jlandky
Here to help

Same issue here. ON N116. Can confirm shift+f5 works.

JLand, CMNO
Omkar_Manjrekar
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Greetings,

Our Development team is aware of this behavior and is currently investigating its root cause and how to implement a fix for it. At this time, we do not have a definite estimate on when the fix will be implemented but clearing the cache seems to be a known workaround currently.

Meraki Team

Thanks Omkar_Manjrekar,

For this clear answer, although it is not solved at this time, it is good to know Meraki has acknowledge it and is working on it. 

Kind regards,

Thijs 

Thijs van Yperen
Incom
Conversationalist

Shift-F5 worked on Chrome. Having same problem for a week or so. 

Mexico Region Meraki User. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.