Issue with license limits in licensing calculator

SOLVED
mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

Issue with license limits in licensing calculator

So our company had split into two companies and we've gotten to the point where we'd like to split the Meraki devices into two organizations as each company pays it's own bills. So I thought i'd go to the license calculator to see what the co-termination dates would now be. I had no problem putting the devices that were going to go over to the other company and seeing what their date would be but when I put all the devices from our company into the calculator and tried to calculate our date, the page let me know that there's a limit of 1 wireless license and 4 Z1 licenses. Well, we've got two wireless licenses and seven Z1 licenses. So how am I supposed to see what the date is going to be? Suggestions?

Thanks,

Mark

Meraki_License_Calculator.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I'd suggest opening a case with Meraki Support and they can engage the licensing team and work out any of the more complicated license calculation scenarios on your behalf.  Agree there's only so much the license calculator can do and may not be able to address every scenario.  But the license team can do that modeling for you and allow you to ask "what if" questions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

All I can say is licensing is very confusing and ou pretty much need to have a Doctorate in physics to work it out. I would save yourself time and pass the query onto your account manager. 

Don't know if it's the reason, but i noticed one of the dates has 213 instead of 2013. Can you give that a check?

I'd suggest opening a case with Meraki Support and they can engage the licensing team and work out any of the more complicated license calculation scenarios on your behalf.  Agree there's only so much the license calculator can do and may not be able to address every scenario.  But the license team can do that modeling for you and allow you to ask "what if" questions.

mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

Thanks everyone. Got it sorted out with support's help.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.