Idea of amelioration "live Data" on Uplink for Double WAN MX

damienleick
Getting noticed

Idea of amelioration "live Data" on Uplink for Double WAN MX

Hi,

I think something need to be ameliorated for the Live Data graph on MX when you have 2 WAN connection.

I explain. In our model, WAN1 is primary uplink and WAN2 is failover uplink. WAN2 is used only if WAN1 not working.

On the MX in live the "live Data" graph for uplink when you have only 1 uplink, you can see 2 curves (Download / Upload )

61fbf634dc

But, when you have 2 uplink connected the live data graph doesn't do the difference between Download / upload traffic.

8d89dea51b

I think it's a mistake because for troubleshooting excessive Upload/download on the uplink you cannot see if its download burst or an Upload burst without going on switch and see the port traffic.

I think it could be better to have two table. One table for WAN1 traffic (download / upload) and a other table for WAN2 traffic (download / upload) Or maybe something who switch the graph considering the uplink who is actually active on the MX.

What do you think ?

3 Replies 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I agree 100%

They need to have dedicated graphs for WAN1 and WAN2, not sure why they didn't do this originally. Only thing we can do is 'make a wish' and help them understand how to make it better. I cannot fathom that someone at Meraki didn't already think of this lol. Unless they don't use their own products, its impossible to not instantly see that setback.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

There has always been something I thought was wrong with this graph. You pointed it out perfectly! 👍

Will also make a wish for that.

Could not agree more!! Better live usage all the way around is something I’ve wished for 1000x.

When you have two WAN, what little visibility you had before becomes greatly diminished.

I do not understand why there is not separate graphs, not why there isn’t a real time view of Bandwidth usage per host.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.