How to set a meraki device send a alert e-mail per 10min when a device go down?

SOLVED
Moments
Here to help

How to set a meraki device send a alert e-mail per 10min when a device go down?

Hi ,

I want to know whether Meraki platform will send alert Periodic when a device or WAN link go down?If not, whether we can set a meraki device send a alert e-mail per 10min when a device go down?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Julian
Getting noticed

when the failed event and when is recover it. If you like more you can use a external monitoring tool.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have found this documents, I want to know if the mail will be sent periodically or only once in the event of a failure.
Julian
Getting noticed

when the failed event and when is recover it. If you like more you can use a external monitoring tool.

So, we can only receive the alert e-mail when the failed event and recover event, and it isn't sent periodically by Meraki Dashboard ?
Julian
Getting noticed

exactly.

ok,

thanks a lot !

You could poll for status information periodically (e.g. every 10 minutes) using the Dashboard API, to give you ongoing information. Or (more old school) use SNMP monitoring.
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

You could probably leverage Zapier to scan an inbox for specific messages and send you alerts like this.  Also you could send logs to another monitoring package that has the alert feature you want.  Good luck.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Thanks for you reply.
So if we just use Meraki Platform,there will be just one alert e-mail when device or link go down, Is it right ?If not,we must use Dashboard API

Yes - the Alerts function in Dashboard is a one-time event
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.