How to: Enable the v0 Dashboard API

jfc3po
New here

How to: Enable the v0 Dashboard API

Hey all. 

If I currently have the v1 API enabled (since its the default), how would I go about enabling the v0 API? A third party tool I use has a Meraki integration that currently only works with v0, though they are adding support for v1 soon. 

I currently have the v1 API enabled, so when this integration hits the v0 API endpoints, it can't pull any data and it gets a 404. 

Any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

v0 and v1  should work both. There only will be no development  anymore for v0. And at some point  it will be discontinued

404 - Not Found
The requested resource doesn't exist or incorrect API key

I understand, but are they both enabled, or do you manually have to enable v0 if you're currently defaulting to v1?

When I hit the organization API endpoint using v0, I get the organization back, but if I try to pull devices from that org, I get a 404. Seems that only the org endpoint retrieves any data using v0. 

With v1, I can pull devices, networks, etc. With v0, using the same API Key, I cannot.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

• If you get a org back at v0 then it works. 

What is the code used to get devices.

You can try the request at this link

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/#!get-organization-devices

I'm just using /api/v0/organizations/<orgID>/devices to try and pull that data.

Obviously, I'm replacing <orgID> with the actual orgID. This call works for v1. Not for v0

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try your own code with api key 6bec40cf957de430a6f1f2baa056b99a4fac9ea0   orgid 549236

Also try with your own info at the website to make sure  code is correct https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/#!get-organization-devices

Works fine with the api key and orgID you provided:

jfc3po_0-1638983446188.png

Using the API key and orgID I have, I get a 404

If I switch the interactive doc to v1, my api key and orgid work fine

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you full org admin of that org?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.