How to: Enable the v0 Dashboard API

jfc3po
New here

How to: Enable the v0 Dashboard API

Hey all. 

If I currently have the v1 API enabled (since its the default), how would I go about enabling the v0 API? A third party tool I use has a Meraki integration that currently only works with v0, though they are adding support for v1 soon. 

I currently have the v1 API enabled, so when this integration hits the v0 API endpoints, it can't pull any data and it gets a 404. 

Any help would be appreciated.

7 Replies 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

v0 and v1  should work both. There only will be no development  anymore for v0. And at some point  it will be discontinued

404 - Not Found
The requested resource doesn't exist or incorrect API key

I understand, but are they both enabled, or do you manually have to enable v0 if you're currently defaulting to v1?

When I hit the organization API endpoint using v0, I get the organization back, but if I try to pull devices from that org, I get a 404. Seems that only the org endpoint retrieves any data using v0. 

With v1, I can pull devices, networks, etc. With v0, using the same API Key, I cannot.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

• If you get a org back at v0 then it works. 

What is the code used to get devices.

You can try the request at this link

https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/#!get-organization-devices

I'm just using /api/v0/organizations/<orgID>/devices to try and pull that data.

Obviously, I'm replacing <orgID> with the actual orgID. This call works for v1. Not for v0

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try your own code with api key 6bec40cf957de430a6f1f2baa056b99a4fac9ea0   orgid 549236

Also try with your own info at the website to make sure  code is correct https://developer.cisco.com/meraki/api/#!get-organization-devices

Works fine with the api key and orgID you provided:

jfc3po_0-1638983446188.png

Using the API key and orgID I have, I get a 404

If I switch the interactive doc to v1, my api key and orgid work fine

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you full org admin of that org?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.