Home License

Pete1
New here

Home License

Hi All. 

Have 2 mr33 and 1 mx64 that is being used at home for personal use. 

I obtained these from watching the webinar using a work account as we were going to trial out the kit so i have been using them at home. 

The MX64 has Advanced security license, although besides registering the license to my personal account, i have never really used it. 

The 2 MR33 are running on Enterprise Licensing. 

They are in co-termination mode set to expire in a few months. I was wondering if there were any affordable solutions to home users to prevent these APS going to waste once the free 3 year license expires. 

I have read things about not for profit or personal organizations auto renewing prior to expiry ? Or is there a way to request private use licensing from my meraki rep contact?  

I have seen that there is apparently openwrt support for the mr33 but would rather find out if there were any official affordable options so that these 2 aps don't go to waste. 

Cheers 

4 REPLIES 4
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Guess your best option is talking to your Meraki sales rep.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

a three year MR license will possibly set you back £155+ for a three year term (per license). The MX license will be more as you’re running the Advanced license. You’ve had three years for free and get to keep the hardware so I personally see that as great value.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
RandyN
Conversationalist

You can flash it with OpenWRT , i did so on an MR33 here's a guide on how to do so.

You need a serial pin adaptor or a raspberry pi as the author used in the article 

https://roamingviews.com/tech/how-to-flash-openwrt-on-cisco-meraki/ 

Wow, great guide. Been looking into this recently. 

Are you running the openwrt firmware? If so how do you find mesh capabilities?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.