Firmware upgrades no longer scheduling

SteveWeide
Comes here often

Firmware upgrades no longer scheduling

Hi all,

I noticed recently that my Meraki firmware upgrades no longer appear to be scheduling correctly. I have an upgrade window on all of my networks and they all list an upgrade available, but none of them have actually scheduled the upgrade. They are all still on MR25.13 with an upgrade to MR26.6.1 waiting. It has been around a year since they scheduled an upgrade. I know I can schedule one manually, but is there a reason they stopped scheduling on their own? Thanks.

5 Replies 5
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We had one schedule on its own a couple of weeks ago (an MX upgrade) and several MR upgrades about a month ago to 26.6.1 (but from 26.6).  I'd log a support ticket.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It will happen, but the automatic upgrades are not very aggressive.

Mayur_Gadhvi
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

In general, when the new firmware upgrade is available for your network, then it will be available under Networkwide > General, once the firmware will be available then you will be able to see following three options (default behavior),

Mayur_Gadhvi_0-1581986048576.png

And if the firmware is not available, then it will be greyed out, 

Mayur_Gadhvi_1-1581986134201.png

You can also manage the firmware upgrade on the organization level by scheduling the firmware for the particular network under Organization > Firmware upgrade > All networks > Schedule upgrades.

I would highly recommend you to refer below documents for all the firmware related queries,

https://documentation.meraki.com/Special:Search?q=firmware&path=&limit=11&page=1&tags=

I see that the firmware is available and I can schedule an upgrade. My question is why is it not automatically scheduling the upgrades using the upgrade window? I understand it is not going to be aggressive in scheduling them, but it has been almost a year since an upgrade has been automatically scheduled. Is Meraki no longer using the upgrade window to schedule automatic upgrades and I should just schedule them all myself? Or is there something going on with my account that the upgrades are not being scheduled?

If you are the administrator for the network, you'll most likely want to schedule them yourself and make sure things are updated on some sort of bi-yearly basis at a minimum.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.