Export Firmware Verions Table?

NeilB
Getting noticed

Export Firmware Verions Table?

Hi,

Does anyone know if you can export the Firmware Version table of all the devices in the Organization?

There isn't the usual export to CSV option on that page.

Cheers

Neil

7 REPLIES 7
jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

You should be able to do this on the Org Overview page. Make sure to add the firmware version column to the view, and then use the CSV button to export the whole overview.

NeilB
Getting noticed

Hi @jdsilva 

Thanks for the fast response! 😄

I can only see Firmware Security or Firmware Status. 

Ideally i'd like to export the actual version of the Devices at this time.

Cheers

N

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

Oooh, that must be an NFO we have applied to allow us to see that column.

Do you have Organization > Firmware upgrades available? You might be able to copy and paste out of there then... Otherwise, I'm not sure how you could do that. 

NeilB
Getting noticed

Yeah, can view it all in that view. Just wondering if could export that info from the table.

Guess not at the moment.... 😞

Ah well... will have to figure it out another way. 🙂

Thanks anywhoo! 

N

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Copy/paste into your favorite spreadsheet editor usually works for me (Excel). Things are nicely formatted.
I haven't tried with the list of firmware versions, though. But I'd assume it's the same.
LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I just tried this trick.  From Chrome I went "right click, save as" and saved the firmware versions page.

1.pngI then went inro Microsoft Excel and simply opened that html file.  It contained a lot of rubbish - but it does contain the table so you could then just copy and paste it to wherever you want - and even re-save as a CSV file.

2.PNG

Thanks,

That was really helpful. 

As I have now 67 networks, most of them with combined hardware this overview is great time saver 🙂

the only strange thing is that I see : Upgrade available" for devices that are not present in a network.

Per example, I have a network with only a switch

Network with only a switch.JPG

The form shows that there is a firmware upgrade available for the Wireless Hardware??

Firmware upgrade (false report).JPG

Could this be an effect of the way this network was setup? with setting up this network I choose Combined hardware?

Network combined Hardware.JPG

And than, why not for other "combined" network where there is only a switch?

Anyone an idea?

Cheers,

Thijs

Thijs van Yperen
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.