Expired licenses

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Expired licenses

This might be a silly question but I've searched and cannot find an answer.

Why do expired licenses not disappear from your licensing page? It shows expired licenses going back to 2016 for equipment that is no longer in the inventory still showing on the licensing page.  

This is for a small Org so I would hate to see what the licensing page for a large org that has been using Meraki for a long time looks like. 

4 Replies 4
Tony-Sydney-AU
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @BlakeRichardson ! Thanks for your question and observation.

I consulted with Internal Teams and found that expired licenses in Co-Termination don't get removed from License history. However, expired licenses in Per-Device license get removed after 90 days.

In Co-Termination, it's just going to stay there and not harm the co-term date. A customer renew licenses for their devices that are currently active in this Organisation at the time of renewal. The previous licenses won't be counted towards the the overall license limit and won't affect the expiration date.

Like you said, basically the expired Co-Term licenses will just sit there doing nothing. The dashboard license section was designed that way but that doesn't mean Meraki won't change it. In fact, We rely on customer's feedback when implementing changes or new features.

Therefore, you can make a feature request by going to the bottom right-hand corner of your Meraki Dashboard and sending your Feature Request through the "Give your Feedback" bubble. Screenshot below:

Screenshot 2024-08-13 at 12.22.58.png

Once you sent your Feature Request using the "Give your Feedback" bubble, our Internal Team will process your suggestion and eventually you'll have your feature in the future. Please, keep in mind that there will be no estimated time to implement such feature but rest assured they will have a look and work on it.

Hope this information is useful. Looking forward to your input on this.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I quite like having the full licencing history.  It is often an easy way to see when hardware was purchased (or rather, hold old it is).

Isn't that what an asset inventory is for?

EdwardCrow
Conversationalist

Any update?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.