Event Logs - Dashboard

Solved
rarodrigo
Getting noticed

Event Logs - Dashboard

Hello Team,

I verified and have some doubts about logs inside of Dashboard or mention inside Organization that we working on the dashboard.

It about event log I can see we have in real time ( logs ) based in 3 months, as well as can make download of all logs to verify something. 

My doubts are related detail logs because sometimes we don't have detail of logs as well as for example if I need to get logs before of 3 months, so how I can do? Is better to raise a ticket with support team? Someone has any experience on it?

Kind Regards,
Rodrigo
Twitter: @rar_21
If this was helpful Kudo me 🙂
1 Accepted Solution
Adam
Kind of a big deal

If you need more consistency and potentially longer duration of event logs then you may want to consider a Syslog server.  

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Syslog_Server_Over...

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Adam
Kind of a big deal

If you need more consistency and potentially longer duration of event logs then you may want to consider a Syslog server.  

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Syslog_Server_Over...

rarodrigo
Getting noticed

Hello @Adam I appreciate your answer, however I know about this feature in Meraki dashboard, however I would like to know if have any another resource inside of "Cloud - Meraki Dashboard" without any Syslog Server installation for the customer.

I meaning without this feature enable if some customer could capture another logs before 3 months or more detail.

Kind Regards,
Rodrigo
Adam
Kind of a big deal

The event logs in the Meraki dashboard are somewhat useful but there can be gaps during device reboots and I've also noticed summarized events if an event is recurring.  According to this you should be able to get to stuff > 30 days old but even Meraki suggests syslog for more detailed needs. https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Viewing_Old_Event_...

rarodrigo
Getting noticed

Exactly.

My point view should be have any function to enable on portal for example if I can enable level session of logs ( like Cisco ) in order to see more logs in some events.

Like level 7 - debugging, level 3 - information, so similar in this way. I believe will do " Make wish " 🙂

Kind Regards,
Rodrigo
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.