Discovery and Monitoring of Meraki devices using System Center Operations Manager 2016

StephenCooper
New here

Discovery and Monitoring of Meraki devices using System Center Operations Manager 2016

Hello,

I'm experiencing difficulty discovering Meraki devices using SCOM 2016. I can successfully discover and monitor a range of Cisco and Riverbed devices, but the Meraki devices go into "Pending Management" with a "No Response SNMP" error. I think this is because no data is being returned by the Meraki devices for OIDs .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.4 and .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.6.

Can anybody suggest how to set a value for Contact and Location on Meraki devices so that they are returned from an SNMP walk? I believe the devices in question are model MX84.

Thanks for your help

Steve

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki don't support the sysUpTime OID (1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0), and this often causes SNMP management solutions to fail to properly scan them. Not sure if this is the case with SCM or not.

I assume you have enabled SNMP in the portal?  Are you trying to query the devices directly or via the cloud system?

Hello,

I don't know if SCOM is that bothered about .3 but I'm pretty sure it needs .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.1, .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.2, .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.4, .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5 and .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.6 (I'm getting .1, .2 and .5). It could well be the case that the lack of .3 is a problem too, but certainly .4 and .6 are a showstopper.

Indeed, as you say SNMP is enabled and the query is direct from one of the SCOM management servers to the devices.

Cheers

Steve

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.