Deactivate site from Overview

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Deactivate site from Overview

Hi,

we have got a site, where conversion measure will be done, so the network will be showed as offline for several weeks, within the overview.

How can I "deactivate" this site, so it won´t be shown red, without deleting something.

Removing the appliance from network? But then I would need to add it later, which I don´t want to, as I may have to configure severel settings again.

Or do I simply have to leave it in, but red... Something like a maintanance mode would be fine.

Regards

4 Replies 4
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi Marc

Thought for some time but couldn't get any ideas. I am not aware of any option to deactivate network.

I believe you may have to leave it as it is. May be you can rename the network with a meaningful text like "Under Maintenance" or something better. 

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network

You could tag the networks you actually want to monitor with "in_production" and then in your overview filter on "in_production". Then you could add a bookmark to a slightly edited url in your browser favorites so you don't have to manually type in the filter every time.

https://nXXX.meraki.com/XXXX/n/XXXX/manage/organization/overview#t=network&q=(tag%253A%2522in_production%2522)

It's a workaround but may be feasible for you.

But it would make for a good make a wish I guess.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would just remove the device from the network.  The configuration will remain in the dashboard, and when you add the device back again the config will return.

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Thanks guys, think I´ll just leave it red...

Or if my cio want me to remove the device so its not shown offline, I´ll do so.

Further, I made a wish for a maintanance mode.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.