Dashboard session timeout issues

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Dashboard session timeout issues

Like many here I use the dashboard multiple times throughout the day. I have enabled idle timeout to help keep things secure however when the alert message pops up saying my session is about to time out and I click continue it still logs me out. This has been happening for awhile I've just put up with it. 

Screenshot 2024-01-18 at 9.02.23 AM.png

The other issue I have is when using the mobile app session logout times are all over the place. Some times I can use the app for days in a row other times I get signed out each day even though I am using the mobile app daily as well.

Is anyone else having these problems?

3 Replies 3
FeliA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @BlakeRichardson,

Sorry to hear about the session timeout and log out issues you're experiencing. 

Is the issue seen across several different browsers and when using incognito or private browsing mode?

To best help determine the root cause of the issue, would you be able to open a case with Meraki Support?

-- As these types of issues generally require some investigation and data gathering (i.e. current dashboard settings and configurations, email address(es) of the administrator(s) affected, possibly gathering a HAR capture within the browser, etc.). 

Additionally, if you're able to provide a timestamp of when the continue button last failed to extend your session along with the email address of the affected account, a support representative should be able to review if any specific error may have logged on the backend.

To raise a case with Meraki Support, please navigate in the dashboard to Get help > Cases > New Case or by following the steps provided in the Contact Cisco Meraki Support document here.

Best,
Feli

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

To be honest, this has been going on for very long. It's not just recent. I actually think I remember this going on as far back as pre-2020.

And for the Mobile App - either I use it too rarely, or something else, but I also feel like I have to keep login, even though it should save my session.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Nellie94
New here

Yeah, I've been dealing with this same issue for years. I deal with it every single day. Every time I press continue it just signs me out anyway. I'd rather not even have the option pop up if it's going to do the opposite anyway.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.