Dashboard Client Screen in View All mode

RCaldicott
Getting noticed

Dashboard Client Screen in View All mode

We have a very unusual case with one of our Networks when viewing all connected clients. In All mode it shows a list of MAC addresses and not the device names, the Usage counts are all over the place and not reflective of what I'd expect to see.

If I filter the clients by Only Access Point or Only Switch Clients or Only Security Appliance I get correct figures and device names.

I've had a ticket open about this for months and it hasn't been resolved. Keen to see if anyone else is experiencing this too?

5 Replies 5
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Is the network full stack Meraki?  Makes me wonder if the clients are coming from another source that isn't the AP, Switch or Security Appliance. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Full stack, minus a single Aruba switch. The physical setup hasnt changed since the original installation

Here is an idea.

Create a new network cloned from the problem network.  Move all the devices from the original network to the new network.  If it works ok, delete the original network.

There must be a corruption in the statistics, and this should surely clean it out.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have not had that problem.

Are the devices layer 2 adjacent to the Meraki devices, or are they routed through something else first (in which case your mileage may vary)?

Agree, however I am talking about the different view filters showing completely different results and dropping the device names for the same period.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.