Change MFA Device

Solved
AgungTP
New here

Change MFA Device

Hi All,

I need to replace my old device configured with microsoft authenticator for Meraki dashboard's MFA, but here I couldn't find the menu where to change it, some else had the same experience in the past?2023-02-28 11_15_36-C__Users_agut_OneDrive - ECCO_Pictures_2023-02-28 10_05_22-Set Up Offline Two-Fa.png

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Disable it and then reenable it and it will give you a new QR code to scan into your app

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Disable it and then reenable it and it will give you a new QR code to scan into your app

Ryan / Meraki SE

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solved your problem click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

How? There's no option for me to do it individually. It's required for the organization, there's no option to reset a single person -- is this a joke? Like nobody has ever got a new phone before?

Dartanian14_0-1698939882765.png

So I have to contact licensing to get it removed, that's the dumbest thing I have ever seen. There is 0 reason for that sort of gatekeeping unless you absolutely want to opt into it, ffs... 

Are you able to login now? I'm thinking yes based on your screenshot. When logged in go to your email in the upper right, click My profile, and on that page you should be able to disable 2FA, save, then re-enable 2FA to get a new QR code.

Screenshot 2023-11-02 at 9.06.56 AM.png

Just noticed you said it's enabled at your Org level. It does seem to then remove the off function as I noted at the user level. My thought would be disable it Org wide, then disable your own 2FA, set it back up, then enable at Org level again.

Or maybe run it by Support to see if there's another way I'm unaware of. 

Ryan / Meraki SE

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.