Can Network Type be changed without deletion of existing service.

SOLVED
bkrautner
Here to help

Can Network Type be changed without deletion of existing service.

Hello,

Just a simple question for the experts. If one creates a new network under an org, and its network type is an Appliance, then you add a wireless device, i.e. a MG21, the network then becomes a combined network type. If you then find that site is not going to need a MG21, is it possible to change it back so that network type is appliance again?

I feel it probably won't really affect anything it by leaving it that way, but just wanted to see if it was possible to change back.

Thank you 

Kind regards,

Bob Krautner

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Anything that shows as combined should have the option to split. Without being able to see your entire dashboard I can’t tell what’s going on completely. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes. Just split the network, delete the unwanted node based one(s) then recombine the remaining networks. 

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. That was what I had done, I'm just checking up the following part though:

bkrautner_0-1645759837965.png

Where you can see that the network types are showing as Combined for two of those entries, but they are just a standalone device. I've removed the MG21s from them, but as you can see, they still show as Combined on the view all networks page.

Anything that shows as combined should have the option to split. Without being able to see your entire dashboard I can’t tell what’s going on completely. 

Hi, I'll leave it at that as don't want to waste ppls time. I can post the following screen blocking out confidential info:

bkrautner_0-1645763619020.png

It shows that there is only one device in each network, some have network type of Combined, the rest have type of Appliance. I've removed the extra devices which can be seen that there is only 1 device in each network.

Was just wondering if one could change the descriptor of Combined back to Appliance in that one column, Just curiosity, not a real issue.

But thanks so much for taking the time to respond as you have, I really appreciate it.

Kind regards,

Bob Krautner

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@bkrautner you can easily split the combined network and you will be left with appliance and something else that can be deleted.

As far as I know the only data you lose is client history, you certainly don't lose any configuration data.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Or skip the last recombine step if not needed for your scenario

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.