Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMNA Promo License Entitlement

SOLVED
Conversationalist

CMNA Promo License Entitlement

Good Day All,

I am trying to find out how many devices I will be able to add to my Organization with my CMNA promo gear license?  I have been told by Meraki support that and from others that I work with that I should be able to add up to 12 devices with my promo gear license.  The issue I am running into is that I have the MX64, MS120 and MR33 and I want to add 2 more MR33 to get better wireless coverage, however, when I add the two new MR33's that I got, they are not authorized via the license that I got with my promo gear.  

Now, Meraki support is saying that the Meraki support person whom told me that I can have up to 12 devices must have been wrong and I need to buy licenses for the two additional MR33's.

Does anyone have the CORRECT answer to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kind of a big deal ww
Kind of a big deal

Re: CMNA Promo License Entitlement

you can have 12 cmna gear/ licence in one network and they can be extended by cmna renewal. but you still need the licenses. your normal 3 dont cover 12 devices.

3 REPLIES 3
Kind of a big deal ww
Kind of a big deal

you can have 12 cmna gear/ licence in one network and they can be extended by cmna renewal. but you still need the licenses. your normal 3 dont cover 12 devices.

Head in the Cloud

ww is correct and you still need to purchase any additional licenses, but when renewal comes up they will renew an org with up to 12 devices for free.  You can get NFR pricing on these so they will be really cheap though.

Building a reputation

AS @ww  and @BrandonS  already pointed out 12 is the max and NFR is the way to go for licensing additional gear.

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.