CMNA Promo License Entitlement

SOLVED
scottgtlenn
Conversationalist

CMNA Promo License Entitlement

Good Day All,

I am trying to find out how many devices I will be able to add to my Organization with my CMNA promo gear license?  I have been told by Meraki support that and from others that I work with that I should be able to add up to 12 devices with my promo gear license.  The issue I am running into is that I have the MX64, MS120 and MR33 and I want to add 2 more MR33 to get better wireless coverage, however, when I add the two new MR33's that I got, they are not authorized via the license that I got with my promo gear.  

Now, Meraki support is saying that the Meraki support person whom told me that I can have up to 12 devices must have been wrong and I need to buy licenses for the two additional MR33's.

Does anyone have the CORRECT answer to this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you can have 12 cmna gear/ licence in one network and they can be extended by cmna renewal. but you still need the licenses. your normal 3 dont cover 12 devices.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

you can have 12 cmna gear/ licence in one network and they can be extended by cmna renewal. but you still need the licenses. your normal 3 dont cover 12 devices.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

ww is correct and you still need to purchase any additional licenses, but when renewal comes up they will renew an org with up to 12 devices for free.  You can get NFR pricing on these so they will be really cheap though.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Roska
A model citizen

AS @ww  and @BrandonS  already pointed out 12 is the max and NFR is the way to go for licensing additional gear.

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

Hello,

I want to follow up to this question, because I will be in a similar situation in about 6 months.

I would by everything with NFR, but would the 1 day licenses be enough for this(they are about 0.5$-2$) or do we have to buy at least the 1YR licenses?

Thanks =D

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

If you have 12 or less Meraki devices in the organization then it is renewed for free. A one day license only works for one day so if you want to use it longer you will need the appropriate license term.  

any devices over 12 you can  buy via NFR discount. 

I know that the license itself would be only active for one day, but I'm still on the co-term model and not on per device. So theoretically the 1 day licenses should extend the license for the whole dashboard for a few hours / 1 day and therefore work.

I´ve understood that 1d lics are mainly meant for PDL licensing and matching  eg. end dates of different wireless networks. x network renewed for 120 d, z for 65 d and y for 30 d and so on.

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

@Roska I've created an licensing case for this. The one day licenses are valid here 😃

"I know that I have to stay under the 12 license limit to get the free auto-renewal. Would it be enough to by the 1 day licenses for the new gear as I'm in co-termination to have a valid license state, or do I have to buy the 1 year licenses?"

Reply:

"Thank you for contacting Cisco Meraki Support! If you purchase a 1 Year License Key, it will affect your co-termination date greatly. However, you can do so and still qualify for the Auto-Renewal."

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Am I the only confused here?  What does a one day license have to do with any of this?  And where does the Meraki support reply mention anything about a one day license?

@Greenberet Why don't you just take the free auto renewal?

@BrandonS  currently I have 1 mx, 1 mr, 1 ms and 2 mv in my cmna org.

I want to add 1 or 2 additional ap. For these 3 devices I need valid licenses, which I currently don't have.

List price for 1D is between 0.5$ - 2.5$

List prive for 1Y is about 300$

So its about 900$ vs 7$ in terms of purchase =D

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Ahh, so one or two more beyond the 12 limit?

EDIT: nm, I think I finally get it now, you need at least a one day license to get in the state where Meraki can auto renew it for free.

yes exactly =D you must have a valid license state, which you can also get with the 1d version 😃

1d lics are solely for Per Device Licensing orgs, right?

AE
Conversationalist

Right! You can't use them with co-term licensing!

Pedrovaranda
Here to help

Hello.

You must have twoo additional licenses.

Pedro Varanda
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.