Attempting to claim devices after being unclaimed from another org

Malimber
Conversationalist

Attempting to claim devices after being unclaimed from another org

Hey everyone I'm trying to claim a device I have removed from an org to a different or. Is there a time delay before it can be moved? I'm getting device already claimed message when I attempt to claim it on the new network. Its definitely removed from the old org and there is a license ready to be used.

3 Replies 3
MartinLL
Getting noticed

Its normally pretty fast, but in some cases it might take an hour or so. Wait a bit then try again.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Inventory_and_Devices/Moving_Devices_between... 

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Malimber , as previously mentioned it can take a bit of time.  For me it’s never been a quick process.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
FeliA
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hello @Malimber,

@MartinLL and @DarrenOC are correct. The device move process between organizations can take up to an hour or so to fully sync on the backend (and potentially even several hours if the device move is between organizations in different regions.. i.e. moving a device from a .com org to a .ca org) 

If you are still receiving the already claimed message after waiting this time period, please open a support case (detailing the serial number of the device in question), so that the backend sync can be looked into at a deeper level.

To open a support case via the dashboard, please navigate to (?) > Get Help & Cases > Pick a Tile to Contact Support > Submit a case or by following the steps provided in the Contact Cisco Meraki Support document here.

Best,
Feli

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If this answer helped solve the issue, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.