Alert Time - less than 5 mins

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Alert Time - less than 5 mins

All,

Has anyone had any success in getting our friends at Meraki to reduce the network alert times to less that 5 mins, which is the miinimum the systems allows ?

Thanks

-Gary

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
4 REPLIES 4
Dylan_YYC
Getting noticed

Not from the dashboard, but i think you can do something similar via SNMP if you want to set that up i suppose. 

KRobert
Head in the Cloud

Similar to what @Dylan_YYC said, we use SolarWinds Orion and SNMP to know when our Meraki appliances are down. You can be notified as quickly as every 10 seconds.
CMNO, CCNA R+S
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Another SNMP monitoring option is Auvik. I work at an MSP that uses it at every client that's got a server. Integrates with the Meraki dashboard and handles the SNMP bits quite nicely.

GaryShainberg
Building a reputation

Guys

Thanks and I am playing with PagerDuty and using WebHooks, but this is still with the 5 min limitation - I looked at Auvik but could not get it working, although it does look like it could work well.

I may have to persevere.....

CTO & Solutioneer
CMNA, CMNO, ECMS2
SNSA, SNSP
~~If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.~~
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.