Activing new IDP thumbprint in Azure breaks Meraki Dashboard login

Solved
BrianP
Getting noticed

Activing new IDP thumbprint in Azure breaks Meraki Dashboard login

I've created a support request with no response yet from Meraki.

I created a new certificate in Azure for my Meraki Dashboard since our certificate is expiring today.  We added that certificate to all our Orgs, and had our customers where we don't have Admin access add the new certificate.  We added all the new Meraki consumer URLs to are App Reg in Azure as well.

Yesterday I went to active the new certificate and the Meraki Dashboard stops working when I do that.  We just get a page with RAW html to load.  I can re-active the previous certificate and everything works again.

Not sure how to proceed.  The process should have been simple enough.  I left the new certificate live for an extended period, but it never ends up working.  Switching back instantly gets the Dashboard working again.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I know that you have opened a support case, but it's a good idea call them.

https://meraki.cisco.com/meraki-support/overview/

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I know that you have opened a support case, but it's a good idea call them.

https://meraki.cisco.com/meraki-support/overview/

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

You are correct, I actually called them right after posting this message to see if I could get immediate assistance.  We were able to get it to work, but neither the support agent know why it did.

In only one of the many organizations we configuring the new certificate, we deleted it the new thumbprint and just updated the existing thumbprint with the new thumbprint and everything started working.  All the other organizations remain the same with both old and new thumbprints existing, but the dashboard is still working for all of them.  Not sure why that step fixed it, but it did.

Hopefully that helps somebody else that runs into this issue.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If I understand correctly, you created a second SAML provider under Organization/Settings, which is the same as the first but with the new certificate thumbprint?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.