AUTOMATIC Firmware Upgrade?

SOLVED
ToryDavenport
Getting noticed

AUTOMATIC Firmware Upgrade?

Hi! 

I am trying to research this topic but have not had much luck.

Is there a way to automate firmware upgrades? I know I can manually schedule upgrades, but that can be tedious as an MSP managing dozens of organizations. 

QUOTE:

"Customers can now manage firmware for each network in their organization by selecting which firmware runs on which network, while still providing the automatic upgrade functionality for customers who don’t desire this level of control."

https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design#...

What about the API?

Thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

You can setup an upgrade window for your networks. Then it'll just schedule the upgrades automatically. See Network-wide > General:

2019-05-03 21_26_22-Window.png

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

You can setup an upgrade window for your networks. Then it'll just schedule the upgrades automatically. See Network-wide > General:

2019-05-03 21_26_22-Window.png

I missed this when I looked in that section.  Thank you @BrechtSchamp ! 

You're welcome sir :).

Hello, I also work for an MSP and am running into this issue, however, we have those configurations set and we still see that there are updates available even with the window set.

Any idea on how I can track down why this may not be working properly? Log files,etc.

Hello,

My gear is configured as the solution suggests, however it doesn't seem to be working as expected.  

My APs show that there is an update available.  I got here from Organization, Firmware Upgrades, All Networks.

JHatem_0-1578579819051.png

However, from Network Wide, General, my APs are configured to upgrade weekly.  See that the last successful run was in 2018!   I manually updated the switches Jan 8. 

JHatem_1-1578579476255.png

Lastly, if I look at the AP itself, it claims to be up to date. 

JHatem_2-1578579534709.png

Some helpful guidance is appreciated.  Thanks!

I set it up like this for a few years now, but it just does not work. The only difference with your configuration is that I don't want to try beta firmware.
Currently I check in every half year or so and schedule an upgrade manually.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The firmware is only upgraded when the existing firmware is either warning or no longer a stable release.  If you enable betas then the same applies to replacing a beta that is no longer current with the current one.

That explains it, thank you!
(I spent hours trying to finf the hidden button that I had to press..)

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.