If there was one thing you could change here on the Meraki Community, what would it be?

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

If there was one thing you could change here on the Meraki Community, what would it be?

Hi Community-

We've been getting a lot of great feedback via our Community Feedback Survey - thanks to everyone who has submitted a response. 

The feedback is overwhelmingly positive, which is great! But — we're also curious to know what things you'd like changed / adjusted / improved on the community. Pet peeve with the user interface? Specific content you'd like to see? Adjustment to the organization of the discussion boards, or a new board we should start? Please tell us via this thread (or via a PM if you prefer).

Thanks!
- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
24 REPLIES 24
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Sometimes I think someone's answer is so good I want to give them a double kudo.  At the moment I have to give them a tripple kudo if I get excited otherwise they end up with no kudo at all.

@PhilipDAth wrote:

Sometimes I think someone's answer is so good I want to give them a double kudo.  At the moment I have to give them a tripple kudo if I get excited otherwise they end up with no kudo at all.

Ah, I wish! Sometimes I wish for more nuanced "reactions" here on the community along the lines of Facebook's "Wow" and "Sad!" or even Slack's any-emoji-can-be-a-reaction.  I've actually given that feedback before to the Community platform provider, but I sort of doubt it will be on their roadmap any time soon. It would certainly complicate the leaderboards... 

NSGuru
Getting noticed

Is there a way to had unanswered topics shown on the main page of the community when logged in? 

Cloud Network Engineer | cloudIT
Certified Meraki Networking Associate

Kudo this if it helped! 🙂
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NSGuru wrote:

Is there a way to had unanswered topics shown on the main page of the community when logged in? 

Ooh, I think I can do that, let me investigate!

You could perhaps put a link on the home page to show the view of new posts, or perhaps it is possible to make it a per-user profile settings?

@PhilipDAth wrote:

You could perhaps put a link on the home page to show the view of new posts, or perhaps it is possible to make it a per-user profile settings?

Hi Philip - do you mean a link to the page that shows all posts across the entire community? (https://community.meraki.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/category-id/meraki)?

@CarolineS wrote:

@PhilipDAth wrote:

Hi Philip - do you mean a link to the page that shows all posts across the entire community? (https://community.meraki.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/post-type/message/category-id/meraki)?

No, I think @NSGuru was meaning something like this URL (just all new posts).

https://community.meraki.com/t5/forums/recentpostspage/interaction-style/forum/post-type/thread/page...

Hey @NSGuru - It's actually quite easy to add an Unanswered Topics module to the home page, and I like the idea. It will go live tonight! 

Awesome! Thank you!

Adam
Kind of a big deal

@CarolineS wrote:

@NSGuru wrote:

Ooh, I think I can do that, let me investigate!

Me and @CarolineS discussed something like that on the phone as well #reminder.  Maybe on the right above 'Top Kudoed Posts'

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Maybe Caroline would make it like the "Make a Wish" feature on the new Meraki Insight product (that is satire).

ps. Here is a screenshot in case you have not seen this.  Perhaps Meraki should run a competition.  If a customer actually figures out how to make a wish for Meraki Insight they get a free pair of glasses. Go on, look really hard, and you'll eventually figure out how to make a wish.

Screenshot from 2018-04-19 10-34-07.png

@PhilipDAth - we do have Meraki sunglasses! I like that competition idea 😛. I've also passed your feedback on to the MI team.

Cheers!

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth Well it is in the same spot as every other make a wish link... 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Adam
Kind of a big deal

rofl @PhilipDAth size 2 font. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@Adam wrote:

rofl @PhilipDAth size 2 font. 

Maybe it is their way of complying with Meraki policy, and at the same time say we don't want any wishes.

@PhilipDAth wrote:

Maybe Caroline would make it like the "Make a Wish" feature on the new Meraki Insight product (that is satire).

ps. Here is a screenshot in case you have not seen this.  Perhaps Meraki should run a competition.  If a customer actually figures out how to make a wish for Meraki Insight they get a free pair of glasses. Go on, look really hard, and you'll eventually figure out how to make a wish.

@PhilipDAth wrote:

Just beneath Report a map error - (43" monitor). I need a new prescription

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I understand storage space is quite tight at the SFO office.  What about if you had all the swag manufactured and stored in Auckland, New Zealand?  Just think of all the International freight charges you could save on.

@PhilipDAth wrote:

I understand storage space is quite tight at the SFO office.  What about if you had all the swag manufactured and stored in Auckland, New Zealand?  Just think of all the International freight charges you could save on.

Hahaaaa :). It would be a shorter trip for the swag to go from China (where most of it is manufactured) to Auckland than all the way to San Francisco and back to Auckland! Do you have a big cabinet to store it in? 😀

If we want to talk about storage space for Meraki swag I have some at my office in Arizona haha 😀

@PhilipDAth wrote:

To say nothing of shipping sooner than it would anywhere else in the world . . . 

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

AMA's with the various product teams would be great. (I will admit that some members need a lesson on what an AMA is...)

MRCUR | CMNO #12
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MRCUR being a USA based company, does that mean we would be allowed to bring firearms to these AMA sessions?

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

@NSGuru@PhilipDAth, and @Adam - It's live! The community home page now has an "Unanswered Topics" module on the right side, as well as a "Handy Community Links" module that links to all unanswered topics & all posts (topics & replies) across the community. Curious to hear what you think of this.

(Isn't it nice when the "one thing" you want is easily doable? 😀)

Cheers!

Looks good to me.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels