How to search the Community

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

How to search the Community

There is an immense amount of content here in the Community (#humblebrag). While we do our best to make sure it’s organized, locating something specific in an endless stream of posts can still feel daunting.

Fortunately, there are a few different ways you can search the Community and we’ve outlined them here!

Basic Search

The easiest way to search the Community is through the main search bar on the homepage.Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.12.46 PM.png

Here you’ll see suggestions of relevant posts or articles pop up as you type. If you don’t see what you’re looking for, simply hit enter to search.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.13.17 PM.png

Once you’re viewing the results page, simply scroll through the provided articles until you find what you’re looking for.

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.15.05 PM.png

Advanced Search

If you wish to narrow your search criteria, you can do so on the results page. Here you can specify whether you’re searching for post content, a specific user, or a place (board, category, or blog).

Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.29.25 PM.png

You can further narrow your search by specifying any or all of the following: 

• Board in which you wish to search (Wireless? Security Cameras?)Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.24.42 PM.png
  • Author of the post you’re looking forScreen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.34.43 PM.png
  • Date of the postScreen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.35.55 PM.png
  • Metadata (whether it’s marked “solved” or “kudoed”)Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.37.00 PM.png
  • Post type (is it a forum post or a blog article?)Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.38.27 PM.png
  • Content contained in post (are there videos, images, etc.?)Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.39.22 PM.png
  • You can also change how you sort your results:Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.40.42 PM.png
  • Lastly, by clicking “Advanced” you can limit your results to topics or specific posts and you can specify the number of results you see per page:Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 4.42.17 PM.png

Google Search

You can also utilize Google search to look for content within the Meraki Community by typing "site:community.meraki.com" in the search bar, followed by the topic you wish to find.

Meredith W | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here
2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Good article.

Anyone use just use Google like me?

Nash
Kind of a big deal

No, I totally use Google. Usually when I want to check both the official documentation and the forum at once, and see if maybe Reddit or Server Fault has something useful to say. Usually the answer is in the official docs or here, though.

I need to experiment with the baked-in forum search.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels