The Annual Community Points Contest is HERE!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

points-contest_email.png

The Annual Points Contest has begun! The rules are the same, but the prizes are at their prize-iest!

For the next four weeks (today through April 8th), you’ll earn points just for participating in community discussions. The more points you earn, the more chances you have to win some fantastic prizes.

Details below!

How it works

Just like in our previous Points Contests, starting today, certain actions you take in the community will earn you points. Those points will enter you to win a smattering of Meraki-branded prizes. You needn’t opt in — simply taking one of these point-earning actions will do:

• Reply to any topic or blog post — 5 points
  • Start a topic (e.g. ask a question, pose a discussion point) — 5 points

To optimize the bang for your buck, writing high-quality posts can earn you even more points:

• Receive a kudo — 7 points
  • Write an answer that gets marked as a solution — 10 points

As you can see, the more helpful your action to the community, the more points you receive!

There are 3 tiers that you can reach based on the number of points you amass. Within each tier, at the end of the month, we’ll randomly select winners to receive swag as outlined below:

• Tier 1 requires 30 points and will have 50 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a pair of Meraki socks

620342a0b7530d21afc4000c.jpeg

• Tier 2 requires 100 points and will have 25 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a pair of Meraki socks and a Nike Meraki ball cap
    620497d79e52aa2e6cd57549.jpeg                     
  • Tier 3 requires 200 points and will have 10 randomly selected winners who’ll receive a pair of Meraki socks, a Nike Meraki ball cap, and a Meraki bomber jacket (AKA a fully-fledged Meraki tuxedo)

Screen Shot 2022-03-08 at 3.01.34 PM.png

AND, just like last round, everyone who earns enough points to achieve any tier will be entered to win the GRAND PRIZE of a brand new MV32 HW (with 5-year license)! Reaching Tier 1 gets you 1 entry, Tier 2 doubles your entries and… (guess what!?) Tier 3 triples your entries to win!

That means that, over the course of this month, you could write just 6 replies or author just 3 solutions anywhere in the community and be entered to win one of these:Screen Shot 2020-03-23 at 3.49.47 PM.png

How will I know how I’m doing?

To keep you all up to date on your progress, every Friday (starting next week) I’ll post a list of everyone who has reached Tier 1, Tier 2, and Tier 3.

When are the winners chosen?

On April 8th at 10 am PDT, the contest will end. We’ll then randomly select winners for each tier (50 for Tier 1, 25 for Tier 2, and 10 for Tier 3) and we’ll also draw the lucky winner of the GRAND PRIZE.

We’ll announce each of the winners here, so be sure to stay tuned!

More details:

• Promotion period: Friday, March 11th, 2022 at 10am PST through Friday April 8th, 2022 at 9:59am PDT
  • Up to three possible entries per community member: Each time you progress a tier, your entry remains in the tier below as well (meaning more chances to win stuff!). If you are randomly selected to win in two or three separate tiers, you’ll receive only the prize from the highest level tier. If you are selected to receive the Grand Prize, this will be in addition to any tier-level prizes.
  • Shipping limitations: We can only ship prizes to residents of these Eligible Countries 
  • Complete rules and eligibility can be found here
140 Comments
Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

@Gislavedshus : On April 8th at 10 am PDT, the contest will end. We’ll then randomly select winners for each tier (50 for Tier 1, 25 for Tier 2, and 10 for Tier 3) and we’ll also draw the lucky winner of the GRAND PRIZE.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal

still three days to go (8th of April), hurry up!

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal

@Gislavedshus : There are two competitions going on, One is Point Contest which is ended on 8th April and other is Spring Cleaning is ending today.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Community-Announcements/It-s-that-time-of-year-again-share-your-spri... 

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

Great😀

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

Gislavedshus_0-1649162607341.png

Alex67
Here to help

more Kudos, more Kudos and some chance 😎..

Crossfingers

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

Gislavedshus_0-1649162724843.png

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

what useful when i press ( Kudos)?

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

Gislavedshus_0-1649162875464.png

Alex67
Here to help

@Gislavedshus If you give a Kudos, you will change the ranking of the present people 😋

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

So give me Kudos 😋

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

Gislavedshus_0-1649163358559.png

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

I have bought 10 pcs. Cisco Meraki

Mario0603
Here to help

I want the Nike Meraki ball cap

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

Thank you very much Habibi Mario0603

Philbrick
Conversationalist

Keep those Kudos Flowing !!! 😀

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

thanks Habibi Philiprick, too mauch thanks

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

Everyone send me (  Kudos ) please !!!

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

Good morning Cisco Meraki

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Hopefully the posts / Kudos in this threat don´t count 😉

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal

@MarcP Nevertheless you get my Kudo for this suggestion ... 😉

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@KarstenI spamming should be rewarded 😉

MerryAki
Building a reputation

@MarcP we all are spamming on this thread 😄

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

@MerryAki and thats why 😉

MerryAki
Building a reputation

1 hour left (if I got that timezone correct)

🙌🙌🙌

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

what is Ip address för cisco meraki MS120-8 for log in?

Alex67
Here to help

@Gislavedshus Hello, no IP address, you must use the Maraki dashboard 🙂

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

20220411_090552.jpg

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Think this isn´t the correct threat for this... 😉 But believe you are not locally connected to the device. Thats why cloudflare is in the description.
IP should be something like 1.1.1.100 - when you are in the same network (static IP to your device)

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

i get it, the switch was not connected to the internet so it's not working but when i connect it with internet i can login för configuration.

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

one more thing. i try to change ip address for the switch, i can write it and change but practically its not change but its find it in the static ip. i think because i am not sitting i the same vlan för static ip, are this right?

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Changed static IP of the switch within in the Dashboard, but still saiying it is on dhcp, or what do you mean?

This happenes from time to time at my site as well. Just wait a couple of minutes/hours, then all will be fine.

You may open a new topic, mate 😉

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

thank you very much

Mario0603
Here to help

Changed static IP of the switch,

KRobert
Head in the Cloud

Hello @MeredithW  Any update on the Points Contest? 

MakaraMEAS
Getting noticed

Congrats everyone!

MerryAki
Building a reputation

Indeed, I am overwhelmed.

German Phrase: Ich bin von den Socken 🧦 

aaaand I got them 🥰✌️

E79F8CB8-81EB-4CDF-AB59-440F09B57763.jpeg

next time the MV.. just kidding, it was a great competition.

Gislavedshus
Getting noticed

i did not get any things 😪😪

Kevin1
Here to help

Love the Baseball Cap! Love the Program and the fun and info we receive............ Did I win yet? 😂