Learn more about your community peers in our Member Spotlight!

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

meraki-communities_spring-cleaning_2019 (1).png

It’s time for our December Member spotlight!

For this Member Spotlight, we chose to recognize @MMoss. Since joining way back in 2018, he's written 141 posts, received 42 kudos, and authored 2 solutions. We've really appreciated @MMoss's contributions across many of our boards, especially with the extra help he's been giving lately to the Folding@home cause!

Congratulations!

Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 2.26.26 PM.png

Tell us a little bit about your background.

I have a B.S. from West Virginia State University in M.I.S. I’ve been in the field for 10 some year, but a Network Admin for the last 5. I work for a small shop so I still do a little of everything but when it comes to the network and telecom.

What keeps bringing you back to the community?

I like the people in the community. There are some who post a lot and are very helpful which makes it a solid resource. I also enjoy most of the community event’s, in fact I’m Folding on my GPU as we speak for example.

Is there any particular Meraki product / feature that you’re particularly fond of or couldn’t live without?

I like how SD-WAN works, it’s just to simple. It’s really designed for someone with low skill set’s to be able to look at the dashboard and see it all in a orderly fashion. For the more experienced the Dashboard is still a handy way to get a lot of information up from in a short amount of time.

What are you looking forward to in the world of IT in 2021?

At this point with how the world has changed I’m not really sure what to expect. I think we will see more IoT coming to market, and maybe a more cost effective version of the Z3 for remote users. MDM improvement would be nice, and I’d like to see Windows MDM get some love. I think the biggest right now is the lack of new computer parts available to the general public. The New NVidia and AMD GPU’s are impossible to find and don’t last long when they go on market. Same for the AMD 5000 series CPU’s, unless you are willing to pay double MSRP for a unit that was scalped by a BOT that is.

Thanks, @MMossWant to nominate one of your fellow community members for next month's spotlight? Submit your nomination here!

4 Comments