And we're live! New community look & feel is here!

CarolineS
Community Manager

You may have noticed that things have changed around here!

Previous community home page New community home page
image.png frame_safari_dark (1).png

We are excited to launch our new look and feel, which uses Cisco’s new design system. This should feel familiar, since it’s the same design system as the Meraki dashboard.

The biggest change, functionality-wise, is the left navigation, which is now always visible on the left side, with flyout menus for some navigation items. Note that you can condense the navigation by clicking the hamburger menu just below the community logo.

Previous community navigation New community navigation
image.png image.png

Another functional change is that the search in the header now always searches the entire community. Previously, if you were in a particular forum or blog, the search would default to that forum or blog. Now it defaults to the entire community, which we have found to be more intuitive behavior.

Other than the navigation and the search behavior, the community functionality is the same.

We hope you like the new look and feel - though we know a change this big may take some getting used to!

Tell us your thoughts in the comments below. For bug reports or more extensive feedback, please add to the feedback thread.

P.S. No, there isn’t Dark Mode - yet! I know you’ll ask. Plans are in the works... stay tuned!

15 Comments
CloudStrife
Getting noticed

Yes, things look awesome!

van604
Getting noticed

looking good, few bumps in the ride but worth the wait, NOOICE JOB Meraki gang...

AURELIOAC
Here to help

Enhorabuena y felicidades por el cambio.... Apetece navegar y explorar. 🙂

dharmendrap
Comes here often

User friendly.

RARAO_PROINF
Here to help

looking so good 

Amit_pal
Getting noticed

This looks awesome !!

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I came in and was like OH MY this is different 😁 

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal

I‘m lovin‘ it! Looks amazing!

DanielWahlsten
Getting noticed

Looks amazing! The search functionality has been wished for! Overall improvements and stuff I didn’t know I wished for 😊 Not that the old community was disliked in any way. Nicely done! 

TyShawn
A model citizen

I just tried to edit my reply to a post I started. If I go to edit my original post I can do that, but when I click edit on my reply nothing happens. On other forums, I've seen the behavior when someone replies to your response that response is locked, but in this case, no one has responded as of yet. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal

I think you can only edit replies for a limited amount of time, like half an hour.

TyShawn
A model citizen

I was trying to make the edit within seconds up to 2 minutes of the post. 

CarolineS
Community Manager

@TyShawn That’s strange! We will investigate.

TyShawn
A model citizen

@CarolineS Thanks for looking into it. I just tried to edit a post that I just created and saw the same result. I clicked the dots then Edit Reply and nothing happened once Edit Reply was clicked.

Screenshot 2024-04-21 at 5.26.20 PM.png

CarolineS
Community Manager

@TyShawn Strange! I'll send you a PM so we can continue to troubleshoot outside this thread.