vMX VLAN & ADDRESSING tab missing

Vinichavez16
Comes here often

vMX VLAN & ADDRESSING tab missing

Hello,

Our vMX in GCp has been deployed and I have a test environment lab simulating a branch connecting to it with no issues, however this needs to connect to a third party checkpoint and then hit our datacenter environment in GCP.

Since the vlans and addressing tab is missing in my vMX I was wondering if you could help me figure how to route my traffic once it hit the vMX.

I found this post in the community but doesn't seem very helpful

Vinichavez16_0-1636665965829.png

Do I have to redeploy? Is there a way to make it happen without redeploying?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2 Replies 2
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

In general, the vMX can only be deployed as a VPN/One-armed Concentrator. Additionally the vMX is a bit special, hence why Addressing and VLANs Page is missing.

If you need to convert it to (a limited) NAT Mode, you'll have to open a Support Case for it.

That being said, a 3rd Party/Non-Meraki VPN is not configured on the Addressing and VLANs Page, but instead on the Site-to-Site VPN page.

What do you need the Addressing and VLANs page for?

I can't speak for GCP, as I have yet to have any experience with it. But as far as for a vMX in Azure, all you have to do is add the local subnets of the vMX on Site-to-Site VPN page, and ensure that these subnets are added to the Azure routing table and VNets.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the VMX, go:

Security & SD-WAN/Site-to-site VPN

Add the routes under "Local Networks".

PhilipDAth_0-1636771125063.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.