VMX on Azure for Client connectivity

Mohammad
Getting noticed

VMX on Azure for Client connectivity

Hi Guys,

Just need more information, How to proceed with VMX on Azure cloud for client migration?

I have completed with Installation of VMX on Azure and now its showing Healthy status on my Dashboard now.

I have existing environment with ASA for Client connectivity, now i need to migrate client from ASA to VMX.

please help me how to do and what are checklist need to follow is there any things to do more on ASA and VMX?

8 Replies 8
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

One thing to be aware of is that you will need to setup a split tunnel VPN if you want the clients to access the internet, the default is full tunnel.  This is due to how Azure works.

Mohammad
Getting noticed

@cmr  Perfectly Said!

Do they use same cisco Anyconnect to connect with VMX?

any changes on Client side on Anyconnect?

How user Auth on VMX?

can i create local database of user for connect on VMX?

Anything more you need share?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Anyconnect is in an invitational beta at the moment for MXs

Mohammad
Getting noticed

@cmr  Thanks

so I can use Anyconnect for testing ]?

do they required any limitation on MX IOS version?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

At the moment you have to be invited into the beta programme, if you have a Meraki account manager, I'd ask them to add you.  I believe it will shortly be on a public beta, but I don't have a date.

Mohammad
Getting noticed

@cmr  Perfect, I will check with Meraki AM.

One more thing, I am able to reach my VMX IP and ping them from internet, but i am not sure how to connect and what changes required to connect my servers which are behind of VMX on Azure?

Appreciate your comments?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check out my client VPN configuration wizard for Windows 10.

https://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/meraki-client-vpn.html 

As others have said, you'll need to use split tunnel mode, and specify the prefixes used in Azure.  Azure will also need a route back to the VMX for the client VPN subnet.

You'll need to allow udp/500 and udp/4500 from the Internet to the VMX in the Azure firewall rules.

@PhilipDAth 

I am able to connect to my VMX and and getting IP from DHCP scope on VMX, but my client IP subnet and IP one Azure VM Private Ip are in different subnet.

Is there any things need to do from VMX side?

As of now i am running full mesh on VMX, I hope its not required, because this VMX is only for Client VPN to azure?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.