vMX VLAN & ADDRESSING tab missing

Vinichavez16
Comes here often

vMX VLAN & ADDRESSING tab missing

Hello,

Our vMX in GCp has been deployed and I have a test environment lab simulating a branch connecting to it with no issues, however this needs to connect to a third party checkpoint and then hit our datacenter environment in GCP.

Since the vlans and addressing tab is missing in my vMX I was wondering if you could help me figure how to route my traffic once it hit the vMX.

I found this post in the community but doesn't seem very helpful

Vinichavez16_0-1636665965829.png

Do I have to redeploy? Is there a way to make it happen without redeploying?

Thanks in advance for the help.

2 Replies 2
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

In general, the vMX can only be deployed as a VPN/One-armed Concentrator. Additionally the vMX is a bit special, hence why Addressing and VLANs Page is missing.

If you need to convert it to (a limited) NAT Mode, you'll have to open a Support Case for it.

That being said, a 3rd Party/Non-Meraki VPN is not configured on the Addressing and VLANs Page, but instead on the Site-to-Site VPN page.

What do you need the Addressing and VLANs page for?

I can't speak for GCP, as I have yet to have any experience with it. But as far as for a vMX in Azure, all you have to do is add the local subnets of the vMX on Site-to-Site VPN page, and ensure that these subnets are added to the Azure routing table and VNets.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the VMX, go:

Security & SD-WAN/Site-to-site VPN

Add the routes under "Local Networks".

PhilipDAth_0-1636771125063.png

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.