VMX clients connecting.

robfromsc
Conversationalist

VMX clients connecting.

I currently have the Vmx behind a palo alto firewall in Azure.   I'm able to see the Vmx being utilized as a hub in the Meraki dashboard.  

My issue is servers and other vm's i spin in Azure will only show up as a client in the dashboard if I have the udr for those servers/vm's pointing towards the vmx.  Our current environment we have all devices pointing towards the palo alto interface.  The servers/vm's don't show up on the dashboard as clients  and cant communicate with remove mx's whenever I point the udr towards the palo.

In short does anyone know if the Azure servers and vm's have to have a udr pointed towards the vmx for them to be considered a client? 

4 Replies 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is a udr?

@PhilipDAth : I think he is talking about User-Defined Routes (UDR)

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com

Are we talking about plain and ordinary Azure route tables?

Inderdeep
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@robfromsc : 

In Azure network i think your vMX has its own IP address and you'll need to route packets from the Palo alto towards the IP of the vMX. I would recommend to use static or BGP peering with Palo Alto for exchange routes.

Regards/Inder
Cisco IT Blogs awarded in 2020 & 2021
www.thenetworkdna.com
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.