Azure ASR Scenario two vMX

612Meraki
New here

Azure ASR Scenario two vMX

Greetings,

Hoping to find some best practices or advice here. We are replicating certain key resources from our main Azure DC to another for the purposes of Business Continuity. Maybe this wasn't necessary but we thought we would be best served by having a second vMX in this secondary BC region. It's all setup and good and design wise we will have Site VPN tunnels built and a couple of live resources to this BC site plus have key resources replicating to this secondary site via Azure Site Recovery. 

In the new Virtual Network should I add Azure Peering to the main site and have Azure handle that communication? Or should I use Route Tables and initiate the routing within Azure that way? I think there are several ways to do this, but looking for some advice from someone who has done it. 

From the branch offices to this secondary site that seems pretty straight forward.

3 Replies 3
MartinLL
Getting noticed

This sounds more like a Azure geared question, but sure a vMX can solve it.

How is your networking in the recovery site? Same or different IP addressing, or maybe a mix of both?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Both approaches would work.  I think I would use Azure peering.

AgungTP
Here to help

I'm using Azure peering (vHub) for the last 1 year ,it went well, and my vMX only for on prem communications

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.