Error after on-boarding when attaching to port-channel

DevOps_RC
Getting noticed

Error after on-boarding when attaching to port-channel

I created a new port-channel and tried to attach two interfaces to it, however I received the error message below:

Command rejectedconflicts with IPv6 Snooping (FHS)

In order to attach the interfaces to the port-channel I had to remove the following line from each interface:

no device-tracking attach-policy MERAKI_POLICY

This is just information in case anyone else comes across the issue, and while it did allow me to attach the interfaces to the port-channel, it wouldn't allow me to add the device-tracking command back into each of the interfaces after they were linked to the port-channel.

10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is It a Maraki switch or catalyst switch?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Have you tried to run the command default on interfaces?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I haven't tested that, but I can try that out tomorrow on an unused port. 

The switches are Catalyst 9300s.

jorisjean
Conversationalist

Thanks @DevOps_RC for the workaround.

I have the same problem here with a 9300 running 17.04.

Ports that were already in a port channel before the on-boarding seems fine but i can't add new ports.

Do you have an update on this issue ?

DevOps_RC
Getting noticed

@jorisjean No update on this sorry.

MHS
New here

I had he same issue with 17.9.4a on one of my 9300 switches. I defaulted the interface and than had no issues adding it to the port-channel. 

AntonioGrillo
Here to help

Hi,

you need to

- remove policy from ports

- add ports to port-channel

- add policy "device-tracking attach-policy MERAKI_POLICY" to port-channel

example:

interface TwentyFiveGigE1/0/10
switchport trunk native vlan 230
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 1 mode active
end

interface TwentyFiveGigE2/0/10
switchport mode trunk
channel-group 1 mode active
end

interface Port-channel1
switchport mode trunk
device-tracking attach-policy MERAKI_POLICY
end

otherwise the Meraki dashboard not will detect the ports and VLAN configuration and you can have a mismatch VLAN on port or other cosmetics errors in Meraki dashboard

I had this issue (9300 core with MS390 edge switches).
I have removed the policy, sorted the port channel and then readded the device-tracking attach-policy MERAKI_POLICY on the port channel, but i am still seeing a VLAN mismatch in the dashboard.
The port config shown in the dashboard for the 9300 out of date and shows the old settings on the interfaces in the port channel. is there a technique to make it refresh and get rid of the vlan mismatch?

I'm not aware of a way to force the refresh of config, as it should do this periodically. I'd suggest maybe removing the device from the dashboard and re-onboarding it. Not a helpful suggestion I appreciate, but that usually solves most of my issues.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.