Catalyst switches offline

merakiuser3
New here

Catalyst switches offline

I have a number of Cisco 9300 Catalyst switches that I've been trying to onboard for monitoring but cannot get them to appear as "online" on the dashboard. All of the pre-onboarding steps have been followed, and connectivity to Meraki is open. 

* one C9300-24P running 17.03.04 - onboarded and came up on the dashboard. Using the upgrade firmware tool, I upgraded the firmware to 17.09.04a. The switch stayed online for a few days and then went offline on the dashboard.

* Three different C9300-48UXM running 17.03.04 - onboarded to the dashboard but remain offline on the dashboard. 

Has anyone experienced this and found a workaround?

4 Replies 4
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @merakiuser3 , if you’ve had them registered and then de-register I would first check your upstream firewall to see if any traffic is being blocked.  If that returns a blank reach out to Meraki support for direct assistance 

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, tried registering and de-registering them. Confirmed firewall is not blocking traffic, plus one switch was being monitored fine for almost a week. 

Already opened a ticket with Meraki support but they've been silent for a few days which is why I'm checking with the community to see if anyone has experienced this issue

Hi @merakiuser3 , quick tip….if you require a quicker response give them a ring if you haven’t already . I find support more responsive over the phone

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

As Darren suggested - pick up a phone and call Support;  it's better in almost every way.  If you already have a case open, quote the case reference to them.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.