Problem to establish a network and open port in cellular gateway MG51E

shlomoi
Getting noticed

Problem to establish a network and open port in cellular gateway MG51E

Hi,

We recently purchased cellular gateway MG51E and we want to establish a 192.168.1.1/24 network, and open a port to the address 192.168.1.100. We are trying to establish the network but there is a problem with the subnet. Does anyone know the problem or open a case.

thanks

shlomoi_0-1727342972419.png

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

.100 is not part of that /26 subnet

You would need to set it to  /24 from a /22 subnet pool.

But you mg will probably end up using 192.168.0.0/24 in that case, because you cant choose it.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MG/MG_Best_Practices/MG_Wireless_WAN_Dashboard_Settings

You could try making a meraki support case and ask if they are able to assign/force it

shlomoi
Getting noticed

I tried it but I can't open the port to 192.168.1.100. It only lets me open from 192.168.0.2-254

shlomoi_0-1727344577802.png

Did you save the settings after changing the Subnet configurations? To WW point above, given that the subnetting from parent subnet is automatically done, you might have to change address on the inside.  

"The child subnet is automatically calculated from the parent subnet. This simplifies the need to manually calculate the size of each child subnet. Each MG will automatically assigned the first usable IP of that child subnet. This behavior is intended to not be configurable in order to make the MG assignments predictable."

As an aside, if you are tying to open a port for inbound traffic, you would need a public static IP on the SIM, if you don't have that, CGNAT won't know what to do with inbound traffic since flowstate is only created outbound from the UE. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.