MG51E establishing service with Carrier

RogerMurdock
Here to help

MG51E establishing service with Carrier

Does anyone here have experience with establishing T-Mobile service on an MG51E? I've gone round and round in circles with them and nobody seems to understand what is necessary to establish service on the device. Is there a secret lingo or key word that needs to be used. Some department or person I need to specifically ask for?  I'm curious about the experience from others here regarding Carrier service as I've now had my device installed for several months and it is still not operational. 

2 Replies 2
jbright
A model citizen

I have not had any dealings with T-Mobile, but for other US carriers, I have told them I want to activate a hotspot device and here is the IMEI number for it. Sometimes they want to see the device and other times they have not. You also need to tell them it is for business and not personal use and that should get you a better level of service from the carrier, but not always. The nice thing about the new MG52 is that you can now provision the ESIM on it with AT&T directly from the Meraki dashboard and never have to speak with anyone at AT&T. Right now it's $65/month for 100 megabits of bandwidth on AT&T and it says that coming soon that will increase to unlimited bandwidth for $65/month.

RWelch
Building a reputation

@RogerMurdock Yes - I (too) had a similar experience and discovered it boiled down to the way T-Mobile sets up services/devices.  The work around that I took was to "ask" for their home cellular gateway appliance and unlimited service.  Once I established the T-Life mobile app requiring me to confirm the 6-digit passcode to the home cellular device and service worked on their hardware...I turned off the device and pulled the SIM card.  Their home cellular gateway was at NO additional charge.  The SIM was put into the MG51 and works as planned - you might have to add your MG IMEI to the plan for the device to work.

Probably not the most ideal way to proceed but it got me over the hump per se with establishing T-Mobile service since I wasn't a T-Mobile customer prior to receiving the MG51.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.