mr36 ssid not broadcast and IP 0.0.0.0

sjlee
Comes here often

mr36 ssid not broadcast and IP 0.0.0.0

Wireless ssid broadcast is not working after replacing from mr32/mr33 to mr36..

The os version of mr26 model is 26.7, and even though I saw the release notes, there is no bug about the issue.

And one of the mr36 equipment has an IP address of 0.0.0.0, so there is no network connection.. Has anyone experienced any similar symptoms?

If you have any experience, please share how you took action.

Thank you,

Best Regards.

4 Replies 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does your switchport native vlan has a dhcp server?

The mr should also broadcast a meraki ssid if it cant connect to the cloud, you should be able to connect that ssid and look at the local status page or set a static ip

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Other_Topics/Troubleshooting_local_connection_issues_using_defau...

sjlee
Comes here often

thank you for reply.

It is configured access vlan {wireless vlan} in this port.

and  I more checked that there is frequently occur STP log in switchport..
I don't know why STP change log is occur continuously... It just access vlan port and also set up bpdu guard...
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you plug a notebook into that same port does it get a DHCP address?

sjlee
Comes here often

yes,,, dhcp is no issue about IP assign service...

I requested meraki support team...and then meraki team checked.. but it just resolved through firmware upgrade from MR26.7 to MR29.5.1.

but I didn't understand why was resolved through upgrade because MR36 AP is already service operating MR26.7 in other network group.... and I tried to find bug issue in MR26.7 release note.. but I couldn't check..

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels