iPSK configuration with dedicate VLANs and QoS

sbcoms
Here to help

iPSK configuration with dedicate VLANs and QoS

Hi, I'm looking for any advice, real life gotchas etc re configuring iPSK for around 6 separate user groups, each group is to have its own unique VLAN and QoS policy applied. Does the following configuration seem reasonable?

Thanks 

Practical Implementation Steps:

To configure a unique VLAN and QoS policy per iPSK group, follow these steps:

1. Create iPSK Groups:

• In the Meraki Dashboard, navigate to Wireless > Access control.
    • Choose the SSID you want to configure and scroll down to the PSK (Pre-shared key) section.
    • Select "Multiple PSKs with identity-based group policies".
    • Define the iPSKs and associate each with a specific Group Policy.
  2. Create Group Policies:

• Go to Network-wide > Group policies.
    • Create a new Group Policy for each iPSK group.
    • Within each Group Policy, specify the VLAN ID that devices using this policy should be placed into. This is done in the VLAN tagging section.
  3. Configure QoS Policies in Group Policies:

• While still editing the Group Policy, scroll down to the Traffic shaping rules section.
    • Here, define Traffic Shaping Rules to prioritize certain types of traffic or limit bandwidth usage as needed. For example, you can prioritize voice traffic or set bandwidth limits for each device or application type.
    • Save the settings.
  4. Assign Group Policies to iPSK Groups:

• Ensure each iPSK is correctly mapped to its corresponding Group Policy in the Access control settings of the SSID.
3 Replies 3
Tony-Sydney-AU
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @sbcoms ,

Nice plan! Only a small detail: you need to create and configure the Group Policies before creating iPSK groups.

I recommend reading this article as a reference.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

Many thanks for your input

You're Welcome! 🙂

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels