external dhcp fail

netzero
Just browsing

external dhcp fail

I have configured 3 ssid. Two ssid works fine with external dhcp configured in the switch, but the other ssid with remote dhcp server failed. The remote dhcp works fine when i made the test in the switch but the problem is only the ap mr46.

i have configured the vlan mgmt default and the other vlan's are tags on the switch port.

some 

the firmware is MR 29.5.1

Model MR46

Has anyone had a similar issue?

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked that the VLAN is configured on all Switches and added to all Trunks until you reach the switch where the AP is connected?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes, the vlan is configured to the port's. The vlan 100 is the mgmt ap and the only vlan 111 no works the dhcp. The other vlans works fine. Only vlan 111 with remote dhcp failed. for example vlan 261 the dhcp is configured on the local switch where the ap is connected and vlan 111 on remote dhcp server 

vlan type status
--------+-----------+---------------
100 default forwarding
111 qtagged forwarding
154 qtagged forwarding
156 qtagged forwarding
261 qtagged forwarding
291 qtagged forwarding

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is the scope configured correctly on the DHCP server? For example the netmask.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
TBHPTL
A model citizen

If you created an access port on the switch in the requisite VLAN and it worked then the issue likely lies with the firewall settings on the SSID or within a group policy

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels