auth server rejected the auth request problem

Keith_Li
Comes here often

auth server rejected the auth request problem

Dear All,

Would like to ask we encountered below issue, just wonder any configuration can be modify in meraki dashboard side rather than in radius side ? any help would be appreicated 

Failed connection to SSID WiFi - internal on access point Office-5 during authentication because the auth server rejected the auth request.

CHANNEL

BAND

GHz

SNR

dB

RADIUS SERVER

802.11 REASON (CODE 23)

802.1X RADIUS failed

Roamed from access point Office-7 then unexpectedly deauthenticated because the auth server rejected the auth request, but the client had a successful connection to SSID WiFI - internal for 4 minutes on access point Office-1.

CHANNEL

BAND

GHz

SNR

dB

TIME TO CONNECT

ms

RADIUS SERVER

802.11 REASON (CODE 23)

802.1X RADIUS failed

Disconnected from SSID HKWiFi - internal from access point Office-2.

CHANNEL

BAND

GHz

SNR

dB

802.11 REASON (CODE 2)

Invalid authentication

Keith

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check the Radius server logs and check if the secret is correct.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Keith_Li
Comes here often

i checked in meraki radius authenticated test, its show all AP passed for authentication test, as our customer is using NPS, i think i need to check in NPS log

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Filter the security event log on the NPS server for events with the IDs 6272 and 6273.  6272=success, and 6273 =failure.

Look at what it says it denied access.

Keith_Li
Comes here often

may i ask below is related with NPS server also ? 

Screenshot 2024-01-08 115526.png

Keith_Li
Comes here often

checked that the problem machine wireless lan is using 802.11ax, so the 802.11w should be supported on the machine, just wonder why i still receving the auth failure ? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels