Wpa version WEP is not supported in MR 30 or higher

Ri0tdude
New here

Wpa version WEP is not supported in MR 30 or higher

I'm attempting to modify traffic shaping on an SSID using WPA 3 but I keep getting this error:

• WPA version WEP is not supported in MR 30 or higher

I'm not using WEP.  It's not even an option anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4
Mloraditch
Building a reputation

It may be an old config somewhere in that network. I can't remember precisely but I feel like I've seen that happen when I have an old disabled ssid with WEP configured. Had to change it, and then could make modifications.

KH
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @Ri0tdude 

I agree with @Mloraditch here, sometimes old configuration can cause these type of validation errors. I would recommend checking the old version of the access control page by going to Wireless>Access control and clicking "View old version" in the top right hand corner. If you can't find the configuration in there, then I would advise reaching out to Meraki Support and they will be able to tell you the source of the problem.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it
Ri0tdude
New here

Thanks @Mloraditch and @KH.  I looked through all of the configs - old and new and haven't found anything on that SSID.  However, we have another SSID that is using WEP that might be the issue?  I'm going to reach out to Meraki and see what they say.

Thanks again!

Mloraditch
Building a reputation

Yes that's what I meant, any ssid in that network that even is disabled but has wep just needs to be changed before anything will save.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels