Wireless test sensors like Cisco Aironet Active Sensor?

GiovanniA
Here to help

Wireless test sensors like Cisco Aironet Active Sensor?

Dear Community,

Is there a product that allows for wireless active tests and reports back telemetry into Meraki dashboard?

To be precise I was looking at Cisco Active Sensors and how they report back to DNA Center and I am thinking why there isn't something like this integrated into Meraki MR at least for the models with 3 Antennas.

This is the product description of the Cisco Aironet Sensors, I suppose these cannot be integrated into Meraki Dashboard, right?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-active-sensor/nb-09-air-act-sen-d...

14 Replies 14
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, there's currently no product like this that integrates with the Meraki Dashboard.

There is thousandeyes integration which does provide some functionality, but not explicitly for active WiFi testing and monitoring.

I was thinkin about TE, potentially put it in a mini PC with wireless and run tests, just it feels a little clunky, also if I remember good workstation agent would give Wireless telemetry better than server agent  but server agent has more potential tests that can be conducted.

Is there something else you tried/had in mind about this solution?

Aruba has their UXI sensors, which does the same as Cisco's Active Sensor. However, they are also not integratable with Meraki Dashboard.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Yes I remember looking at this too some years back, I just thought at some point that going to stakeholders and propose a Meraki solution that needs Aruba for monitoring would raise some eyebrows, at least TE is Cisco from this point of view, but if nothing comes forward I will consider these Aruba sensors, I like them.

At least I can sell the fact that having another vendor running monitoring should legitimate the solution even more, hoping they accept that operations may have to look at two dashboards

UKDanJones
Building a reputation

You want to talk to Wyebot - and I mean talk to them... You won't find anything online. Wyebot.com

Please feel free to hit that kudos button

Nice, but the contact form doesn't work 😅

tried with 3 browsers on two computers...

UKDanJones
Building a reputation

I've sent you a DM with a contact

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki has been talking about this functionality through the security radios for quite some time, but nothing has shown up yet.

UKDanJones
Building a reputation

wyebot are the answer (if you want something that links to Meraki dash). Personally, I prefer 7Signal but it doesn't link to the dashboard 

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe you. But most customers would prefer something that is build-in without buying an additional system.

UKDanJones
Building a reputation

Agreed! Let's see how long it takes Cisco to 'acquire' them... 😜

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They are waiting until it's really expensive (like Splunk) 😎

This a million times over. Time to deliver.

7Signal what??? SapphireEye or 7Signal MobileEye    MobileEye, IMO, is in a perpetual state of beta and CLUNKY

I am not a fan if something else pretending to be an actual client other then the actual client which is why MobileEye was appealing.... at first until you realize it doesn't work with iOS because Apple is silly and then it begins to fall apart over time and it super clunky interface. ME is especially clunky with Meraki APs. 

I want my clients where my clients actually are physically moving with their drivers and their chipsets and radio chains,  not static on a ceiling or 12 inches off the ground like a ceiling mounted SaphireEye or a the old Cisco sensors plugged into AC power.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels