Wireless client cant communicate with Local LAN clients

Pawer
Comes here often

Wireless client cant communicate with Local LAN clients

Hi Everyone,

Our wireless clients are unable to communicate with our LOCAL LAN clients and servers. I already allowed access to LOCAL LAN in the wireless firewall, but still no response.

Thank you!

11 Replies 11
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using NAT mode or bridge mode?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Pawer
Comes here often

Hi,

I am using bridge mode.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is your network flat or segmented? Is everything on the same VLAN?

Segmented and different vlans.

I created and firewall rule in the wireless firewall and ACL to switch but still unable to communicate.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you checked the routes?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Yes, but still unable to communicate.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I suggest you open a support case.

Can the wireless clients ping their gateway?

Yes sir.

Pawer
Comes here often

Thank you!

TimYeo
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey there Pawer,

I would agree it would be best to have someone raise a support case and the best thing to do is to call our support hotline while you have a wireless client device to test with. We can review your settings and help you run some packet captures to see whether the AP is egressing the traffic from the client. If you have more infrastructure upstream which is also Meraki, we can review them too and maybe we can see if the traffic is actually making it to your servers. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels