Wireless Firewall & traffic shaping question

Solved
db3
New here

Wireless Firewall & traffic shaping question

I looked through the documentation but couldn't see if adding multiple destinations under the wireless > Firewall & traffic shaping is possible. The entry box will let me enter them on individual lines but I'm not sure if this is the proper way to do it besides adding multiple rules for each IP address/subnet I want to block specific access to.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is not possible to add multiple destinations to the same rule.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is not possible to add multiple destinations to the same rule.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Like this?  Keep clicking "Add".

PhilipDAth_0-1720441340803.png

Not quite, the specific setting I'm looking at is under a wireless firewall and traffic shaping for rules when connected to a SSID

db3_0-1720441657561.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Doh.  For some reason, I thought you meant traffic shaping rules.

IvanJukic
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi @db3 ,

If your goal is to block IP/Subnets, there are a few ways this can be achieved. This does depend on your design though. E.g. Enabling a Group Policy to block traffic is a great way.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Firewall_and_Traffic_Shaping/MR_Firewall_Rules

Cheers,

Ivan Jukić,
Meraki APJC

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If it solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels