WiFi unstable

Solved
Fabian1
Getting noticed

WiFi unstable

Hi everyone,

we have an odd issue. We are testing two CW9164I, where we have clients getting 3x "Destination Host Unreachable" than pings are fine, and after a while it comes up again. So Google Meet etc is not working properly, because they have these connection errors sometimes. 

On dashboard everything looks great, all green, no problems found here. The client also looks great, performance is fine (on dashboard).

Same location with MR34 and MR42, no problems at all. 

Any ideas what could make these losses?

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

if you have Client Balancing enabled on the affected SSID(s) then try disabling this as it can cause disconnects for clients

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @Fabian1 , sounds like a design/AP placement issue. Without surveying etc it would be difficult to say to be sure.

The cloud connection piece isn’t the issue here as clients would/should continue to work even if the AP was offline from the dashboard.

Is this issue happening across all devices connected to the APs in question?  Are clients bouncing from one AP to another?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

I figured out, that it's caused by roaming. Both APs are roaming the clients between each other. 

Are radio settings a solution here? Or simply disable roaming on all ssids?

if you have Client Balancing enabled on the affected SSID(s) then try disabling this as it can cause disconnects for clients

Thank you 

We are trying this for now, we still have clients with suboptimal roams

BraydenHale
Just browsing

Replying for the update.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels