VLAN bridged SSID still prompts splash page

252_Masked_Nett
Here to help

VLAN bridged SSID still prompts splash page

Hello folks,

I have an IoT SSID that is bridged to our current Guest VLAN. We have a Guest SSID using the same VLAN as IoT, which is open and has splash page authentication enabled. On the IoT SSID, I have no association requirements (open) and no splash page enabled, but the splash page still prompts. FYI - the MX is not not WiFI capable.

Why is this?

6 Replies 6
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You have a mx splash page is enabled on the mx guest vlan?

Then it shows that one

Ssid splash page is a seperate splash page and has no direct relation to the upstream vlan settings

No, this MX doesn't have wireless capabilities. The Guest SSID is configured on the wireless network via Wireless > Splash page. I have the IoT SSID bridged to my Guest Vlan but the IoT isn't configured to use any kind authentication. But it doesn't make sense why the it's prompting users with a splash page.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can have a splash page on any vlan on any mx. But if you have configurered  one ssid with and one without, and not on the mx guest vlan, it sounds like a bug.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Splash_Page#MX_Splash...

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it is configured for Splash page, this is the expected behavior, the authentication type is open, but you are using the splash page.

There's nothing wrong.

Please share the configuration.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Here's the issue:

1.) Guest SSID (Vlan A) : Open w/ Splash page 

2.) IoT SSID (Bridged to VLAN A) : Open w/ No splash page (but users still being prompted with splash page)

It seems like since the IoT SSID is bridged to VLAN A, for some reason it's using the Guest SSID splash page settings AND when the SSID is in bridged mode, it inherits splash page settings.

As said by @ww , even if your MX doesn't have Wifi you can still configure a certain VLAN to use Splash Page

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels